Meeting the highest standards of ethical conduct.
Integrity with accountability
Yankee Alliance is committed to creating and maintaining an ethical corporate culture. We maintain certain policies to guide our employees with respect to standards of conduct in our relationships with our members, suppliers, and our business partners.
To further our commitment to the highest ethical standards, Yankee Alliance is a member of the Healthcare Group Purchasing Industry Initiative (HGPII), an organization of the nation's leading GPO's, founded in 2005 to promote and monitor best ethical and business practices in purchasing for hospitals and other healthcare providers. Members of HGPII adhere to six core principles of ethics and business conduct and are required to:
- Have and adhere to written code of business conduct. The code establishes high ethical values expected for all within the Signatory's organization.
- Train all within the organization as to their personal responsibilities under the code.
- Work toward the twin goals of high quality healthcare and cost effectiveness.
- Work toward an open and competitive purchasing process free of conflicts of interest and any undue influences.
- Have the responsibility to each other to share their best practices in implementing the Principles; each Signatory shall participate in an annual Best Practices Forum.
- Be accountable to the public.
Although Yankee Alliance's guiding principles can not address every issue or provide answers to every dilemma, they can define the spirit in which we intend to do business and should guide us in our daily conduct.